Monday, April 21, 2008

Very Sore throat and very touched

I had a sore throat today, as a result of eating too much high class potato chips and too much curry chicken (with extra thick gravy) yesterday. As a result, i had a sexy voice after teaching in a sec. 1 class. I was hoarse and was shrieking away. They laughed.

But during recess, 2 of them came to me, asked me," Cher, u ok anot? U "zao sia" jus now." I answered that i was ok and i was slightly touched and happy that despite the laughters, they knew that i was not well.

I came back from the staffroom, answered Shaggyfish's call, a minute later, she came up with a bottle of honey, and i had a scoop of it. I was touched.

Later i went to a sec. 4 class, they heard my hoarse voice. Before they even greeted me, a girl gave me a strepsil lozenges.

This is one of the reasons i like teaching, teaching is about human realationships, is about the bond between people and students. And, i am feeling it, though it definitely needs time to be nurtured.

0 candies: