Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Stressful Primary 1

Not for me... at least not now.

Heard from a colleague in the morning asking me where to buy those other schools' exam papers, and she wants to buy it for her primary one daughter.

If I were not a teacher and I do not have a daughter, the first thing I would comment would be," huh, need to be so kiasu ah?" But, when I heard that she wanted to buy and after she told me her daughter's results, I fully understand.

Nowadays, its really so competitive. Every kid is being sent for enrichment lessons. Even the school syllabus is getting tougher and tougher.

Just hope that I will still be able to say to Bernice, " At least you have tried your best." But, as a mother in Singapore, deep in my heart, the cruel fact is, it may not be enough to have just tried your best. No, no, no, I must still belive in "TRY YOUR BEST." Hai, thinking about it is stressful.

Oh, by the way, last time it is so simple to get almost full marks for all your Primary 1 subjects, right? But, according to my colleague, her daughter failed Maths, got 0 for her Chinese.

Anyway, this is one question she told me that came out for her daughter's CA.

Q: What is 2 number before 9?

:
:
:
:
:
:
A: her daughter's answer ? 7 and 8. "2 numbers before 9 are 7 and 8 mah", her reply. Another teacher who was with us say, 5 and 6 also can. -3 and -1 also can.

Conclusion: As a secondary school teacher, my colleague should tell the primary school teacher," After a discussion among the secondary school teachers, we think that your question got error."

haha...

0 candies: